How can i find a foster parent for my children who are out of state in Ohio in foster care, we want them in foster care in Denver Colorado

My children are in a case with child protective services and they are placed in temporary custudy, out in Ohio. Me and my husband live in Denver Co and we have no family members to take kinship so we are in need of info, to get them out here in a foster home so we can see them often without having to fly back and forth.

hsewfw2

Asked by hsewfw2 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Adoption

• Wouldn't your caseworker know where the children were?
    Anonymous

• I will check into that for you. I grew up in foster care for nine years. If you can wait until the morning I will call my foster mom tonight after work and let you know what she says. Why are they in that state instead where you live? Email me so I can email you back ok. Good luck!!
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 2:28 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• The reason I asked is because. I was moved further away for safety reasons. Do you still have parent rights or were they taken from the courts. I was taken from my mom when I was 9 yrs old and her rights were taken. I was put up for adoption. I stayed with my foster mom for those years and we still talk and visit each other like mother and daughter. I just wanted you and anyone else that was thinking why I asked. They are so young that if the courts were trying to get the family back together, they would be willing to find them a home closer to you. Do you or have you attended any of the court cases or they pending?
    Peacefully

Answer by Peacefully at 2:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• First of all, if YOU moved away after the kids were already placed in foster care, then the chance of you ever getting them back again is slim to none. Especially considering how far away you moved. Second of all, I highly doubt they're just going to transfer the kids to another state system...I"ve never heard of anything like that in my life.

On a side note, there are several children in the state systems these days. WHY in the hell do people breed if they can't take care of their kids...or if they know that there is no way they'll be able to love and care for a child? Stop having sex FFS.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• HAve you asked your caseworker? They don't normally move kids to another state just to be close to their families. It costs too much money and takes alot of time. If I were you I would just move back to Ohio until you got your kids back.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:06 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• crdc91506-That was uncalled for! This poor mom is trying to find some help, she doesn't need to hear those hateful things! To the OP-I'm wondering why they are in another state in the first place? Did you move after they were taken from you? I would call your caseworker and find out what your options are. I would think, and it's just my thoughts, that you would probably have to move to Ohio until you can regain custody of them. Good luck with your quest to regain your children. I've seen how hard it is to regain custody, but remember, all the hoops they want you to jump through is to make sure the children are protected. Do what they ask of you, the end result will be your children coming home.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 3:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• First of all, LizClara, the second paragraph of my post was not directed totally towards her. Second of all, what is wrong with simply stating that people need to stop having children that they can't properly care for...especially if they're doing something that will cause the children to end up in the overcrowded foster system? ALSO. WHY would she ever think that she can just lose her kids to the state....and then want the state to ship them to another foster family in another state?! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Do I enjoy hearing about lousy parents who lose their kids? No. Because the children suffer with their biological parents, and a lot of children suffer with their foster parents.

I'm not saying that all parents who lose custody of their kids to the state are lousy, but 99% of them are. If the truth bothers a person, then obviously, something is wrong with THEM.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• How incredibly rude this post has gotten. It seems to me that none of us knows her situation. Perhaps she moved so she could get a better job so she could provide for her family? Perhaps she moved to get help from family, friends, etc. so she could be better prepared to care for her family? Perhaps she moved to better herself through rehab or whatever so she can be a good mom?

Regardless, she should contact her caseworker (if she doesn't have one, then she needs to call the county she's in) and find out how her children are and what the case plan is for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• To the mom who asked the question ~ For those of us willing to provide a possible explaination instead of a slam, perhaps more details would help us answer you. I will add my own thoughts for now...if the children were moved out of state for safety reasons, that's one thing. If you originally lived in Ohio when they went into custody but now live in CO, that's another. Sometimes children are moved out of state if there is absolutely no one available to take them in. It sounds from what you've said that there is a much bigger issue other than a simple, DCS removed my kids and sent them across country to Ohio.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Sorry crdc91506...it sounded like you were slamming her. There's nothing wrong with what you said, this was just probably not the best question/answer section to put it in, considering the OP's question. The truth doesn't bother me a bit, because I have the same thoughts. BUT...not all parents that lose there children to foster care are horrible. She did say they fly back and forth to see them, so I'm wondering what the circumstances are behind WHY they were taken in the first place. I'm a foster parent, and I know my daughter is better off with us than she would have been with her Bmom, but that doesn't mean that ALL foster children are in the same situation. Maybe the OP made a few mistakes and is trying to better herself so she CAN get her kids back. I hope she has read these answers on here and has contacted her caseworker about her options.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 3:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008