Just Can't Understand How You Can be so Mean to a Little Boy With no Mommy?

When my DD was killed she was NOT on good terms at all with the Dad of my Gr-son. She was in a heated argument w/him & his Gr-Mother on the pho just before he was killed. Another example : Once he had to step in front of his Mother to keep her fr physically fighting w/my DD!! BUT, now I don't understand how you can let this roll over to the child because he is my DD's son. I know you probably think it is in my head, but they do things just to be mean or make him mad. ie: today she hid his ipho or what ever toy and couldn't find it. When I went & got him sure as I could bet my DD would not come back to life, I said, "She'll find it as soon as we get to my house." Yup 15 mins there and she clld and oh my GOD she found it. She turned off the TV right in the middle of a show, when he was about 6, and had no toys for him to play w/or anything else to do. I don't do these things to him, I love him w/all my heart he's a part of my DD, I DON'T like his DAD & I don't do these things bec he's a part of him. Now we do have 1/2 custody, but that's another story. WHY, are these people so mean to a little boy with a broken heart as it is? I just don't understand it? I'm not able to resolve it w/the Dad, bec. he idolizes his Gr-Mother and would just take it out on my Gr-son. It's a no win situation, but I'm his compassionate listener I guess, and I will always try to undo the mean that they do. I truly do hope there is karma and it's not just a word, they're mean and nasty and some how some way I hope they get their punishment, and not necessarily from me. Sorry so long, I'm just so MAD.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Your grandson will always know how much you loved him and took care of him :) I know how hard it can be to share custody with people who do not always have your littles ones best interests in mind and not be able to do anything about it. Just keep being the strong grandma that you are- I'm sure your daughter would be proud of you!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I don't understand how people can be mean to kids, but I would take comfort in knowing that at least you have split custody of the little guy. Good luck. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:38 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• some people just don't care
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The most important one in this is the boy. Make sure he is loved and wanted and feels that from you. I am not talking about toys or whatever. I am talking about pure love. Also, he needs to know that both parents love him, even though one is gone.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 1:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Seems like your headed in the right direction with your grandson
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Some people are not capable of empathy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• I have made a promise(to my DD) during a spiritual meeting I was at once, that I will do my very best to take care of this litle guy until the day I die. I'm trying very hard to keep myself healthy for him, because yes it has taken it's toll on all of us.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Well the Dads is very protective, but not sure about some things as my DD left him bec he was beating her. He also told this little guy 2 days before Christmas there was NO Santa Claus and he was devastated. It's very hard for him at Christmas as it is, but that news to him was just so hard. So he's protective, but at time a down right Stupid Ass. I give this child all the love I can physical as well as what I can give toy wise, but we are not rich so toys are not first on our list. He knows I'm the Mother figure in his life and I will do what I can in my DD's place to protect and love him. Getting 50% custody was our 1st step in our protecting him, it keeps the Dad a little more on his toes!! But I still don't understand their hatred passed down, it's just MEAN. They're also too stupid to see this pushes him even closer to us, something they DO NOT WANT.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010