Why do I keep getting headaches?

i get a massive headache atleast once a week and it makes me lose all motivation to get out of bed. i am 28 weeks pregnant and i am wondering if i need to go to E.R. or if its nothing.

krs29

Asked by krs29 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its a migraine. My mom had them her entire preg with my sister. Take tylenol and bring it up at ur next appt
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:32 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• drink water! :) water helps alot with headaches.
    Liebevoll_mami

Answer by Liebevoll_mami at 8:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Its just because your body is working over time.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• water, water and lots of water. you have 50% more blood now so you need more to stay hydrated
    peanutsmommi11

Answer by peanutsmommi11 at 3:44 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My son is a massage therapist and claims that all headache 's start at the base of the head.I tried massage when i had a migraine at the base of my skull and it did help.They used to give me a small orange pill called ergostat .I would put it under my tongue and presto migraine gone!Best stuff ever.actually numbed out my temples.But they stopped giving it because it was used for heart problems .I wish they would bring it back.Nothing has ever worked like that for me.Now if mine get bad,its a trip to the er.I get tunnel hearing,double vision,and pain!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My migraines are extrememly persistent now that I'm pregnant. I can't shake them. I need to talk to my doctor about it at my next appointment. I try to drink them away, I take Tylenol though its like popping pez for all the good it does. My brother is a masseus and if only I could get him to be a good brother I might benefit from that... I'm desperate. I am near ready to start thinking about acupuncture but I don't know if thats ok during pregnancy. I have a feeling my doctor will prescribe fioricet for the migraines which is a pain killer but not one i'm fond of. I was on it in high school for my migraines but the doc gave me the wrong dose and I overdosed 3 times and the doctors never made the connection... not my favorite prescription. Here's hoping things get better. At least you're closer to the end, I'm only 14 weeks!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2010