taking friendship to the next level with a guy friend?

has anyone had SUCCESS stories with this? he said he finds me attractive AND is attracted to me, thinks i am very pretty and sees me as lovely and desirable! my! i didnt expect it but i have felt the same... we havent even kissed each other yet and are both about 40! he's coming to count down new years eve with me. he said he's not used to takign the lead!

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 8:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• That's what happened with me and my husband! We were good friends, then best friends. One day I realized how much I adored being with him and he felt the same way. We dated for a couple of months, became engaged, and were married a year later. We've known each other seven years this past September, been together seven years this February (NOT Valentine's Day), and married six years this-coming April.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ask yourself if it is worth it to lose him as a friend. Sometimes its better to keep it that way but you seem to like this guy.
    KellsB2Boys

Answer by KellsB2Boys at 9:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Be care full
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you want to date him or sleep with him? i say be safe and have fun but don't expect the friendship to be the same. i would say go out on a real date and do not just hang out and have sex. doesn;t end well in most cases but you never know. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• we did he took me out to dinner and drinks after , after four coffee dates for four hours each, and a lunch, and more tea, and he brought me to christmas dinner
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• depends what you want from it i guess
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I say people can change but I wouldnt rush the sex part if he really likes you in that way he will respect you and date you and then later you can discuss sex. Does he seem to want to change has he been dating females lately?
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2010