Further along than what the doctor thinks??

According to my doctor, this week I will be 8 weeks pregnant because my last "period" was November 3. However, my period in November was 5 days early and was lighter than normal and only lasted 3 days when my period normally would last several days. I feel like I'm further along than what the doctor thinks because I've already outgrew my size 2 and 4 jeans. And I can tell that I already have a small baby bump. My stomach was extremely flat before I was pregnant. Has this happened to anyone else or has anyone been in a similar situation??? My ultrasound is on January 4 so I will know for sure then how far along I am but I am just curious.

lyndsey1788

Asked by lyndsey1788 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if he felt your uterus then the estimation is probably ok, if your uterus felt larger he would have said something seemed wierd or maybe even suspected twins. i got my baby bump more noticable with my second and third, with my first i was 21 weeks before i was showing. is this your first baby? and also, it could be bloating....from hormones and also from constipation.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• No, my doctor didn't feel my uterus or anything like that. She just used my period in November as the date to tell me how far I was. And this is my first pregnancy. I'm not contispated either, I am pretty regular. And the bump is noticable, its always there. Its not like it comes and goes even if I do have bloating.
    lyndsey1788

Comment by lyndsey1788 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I think it is pretty normal for your size. You started a size 2, so of course you will get the bump before a person that is a size 10, you just don't have any extra room.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• you dr should have felt your fundus to see if it was popped up over the hipbone, if not you do only have a couple of more days til you find out
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• More then likely your just 8wks doctors get pretty close
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 28, 2010