How many of your kids who had rsv has a recurring episode of it?

My son had rsv i heard it was easy to get again. is it true? also did any of your kids get asthma shortly there after?

5birds

Asked by 5birds at 8:44 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My dd had RSV twice before her 2nd birthday. She's had bronchiolitis a couple of times since then, but no asthma. She'll be 3 in February.
    tommy_mommy

Answer by tommy_mommy at 9:11 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My son had RSV 5 times in the first year. He had it so badly so early that it actually damaged his immune system. His immunologist says it will take about 3-5 years for his immune system to reboot. He catches everything very easily. He's 2 now, and he's been admitted to the hospital with RSV, pneumonia, strep, flu...8 times. He also has very serious drug and food allergies, which are believed to be a result of the immune deficiency.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• thanks
    5birds

Comment by 5birds (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, Good Luck!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:41 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My friend's daugher had it a couple of times.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2010