9 month old...

do you let your 9 month old eat resturant food, and what types of food do you allow you baby to feed themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is almost a year old now, I was letting her eat things like french fries and soft things like that at around 7 or 8 months old, around the time she started crawling and walking with support. Now that she has some teeth I let her eat things like chicken (no bones of course) and soft vegetables. I usually hand her small pieces of food and she puts it in her own mouth. Basically I let her feed herself whatever she finds interesting, for example...I show her something like a french fry and if she reaches for her I just let her take it and feed it to herself.
    Evylyn

Answer by Evylyn at 9:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• depends on the restaurant! fast food no way! things like noddles and chicken are good! my dd is 10months and she eats everything! pizza, turkey, mac and cheese, tacos!! i just cut things up small and she eats it! if i try to feed her something she hits my hand away! sure its a mess in the end but she has fun!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My Daughter is almost 8 mths and I give her baby food and whatever food i feel she can self feed! I dont give her fried food of course but i give her fresh vegies, fruit, shes had pancakes, eggs, and a few other things.
    here is a great blog about child let solids :)
    http://baby-led-solids.blogspot.com/
    ErinML

Answer by ErinML at 10:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010