Natural ways to induce labor?

I know that baby is going to come when he wants to come but I know that there are certain things that you can try and do....Have sex...Drink a certain type of tea? What type of tea is it!? Can you get it at Walmart or Target? Let me know, Thanks!!! :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Whatever you do don't do caster oil on the bottle it says not to take if prego. But sex worked for us. We didn't want it to it just did lol our baby was a month early. But yeah uh jumping or just ask your doctor to be induced
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 9:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Sex helps :-)
    PennyMom

Answer by PennyMom at 9:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• When I was in my 81/2 to 9 month, I kept having false labor. The nurses told me and my DH to go get some wine and have lots of sex. So thats what we did! The wine was to keep me relaxed. I only drank about two glasses total over three days and had sex, well, lots of it till our daughter was born. It worked.....
    guyandtoni01

Answer by guyandtoni01 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• sex and walking
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:37 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• it depends on your body i tried sex walking teas jumping and nothing helped so i had to be induced 3 weeks late
    deliamomma09

Answer by deliamomma09 at 9:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• The tea you are thinking of is Red Raspberry Leaf tea, I made it as an ice tea. It won't make you go into labor but it strengthens your contractions and is considered safe by most doctors. There are also pressure points you can use that cause contractions. And castor oil is considered safe by a lot of doctors and midwives. If you are considering it keep in mind it can cause dehydration and make sure you are at least 39 weeks ( u/s due dates can be off by as much as two weeks). False Labor can be really discouraging, so make sure you are ready for the possibility that it won't work. Good Luck, hope you meet the baby soon!
    mrskruzan319

Answer by mrskruzan319 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Please do not try any of these remedies unless you talk to your Doctor,I knew a lady who decided to jump off her porch to induce labor well she jumped about 7 times and nothing,lucky she did not harm herself.No product or chemical will induce labor except those issued by a doctor.Please do not do any old wives tale stuff.Sex is ok but call the doc.Good luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:17 AM on Dec. 30, 2010