Bitten by the travel bug?

At what age were you bitten? I have been traveling since i was 9 months old.

I love to travel. I have been around the world, many many countries.. And i never feel like the journey is finished. I always crave more... My DD's first trip will be to Hawaii next December and then London for the olympics in 2012.. I cant wait to get my baby hooked on traveling. It's awesome. And her first trips will be my SO's first major trips too (at least a week for each trip), and i hope he gets into traveling too..

So tell me, at what age did you start to travel and feel that urge to keep traveling?

Asked by Mme.Langley at 9:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Travel

• I am like you! We started taking our dd as a baby, her first long flight was when she was 18 months when we took her to Australia for a month! 2012 olypimics would be fun! We did the 2002 games in Utah!

Answer by Noosa at 9:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I amm pretty excited! My dad is a law professor Joe, and he organized the abroad trips.. He will be in London for 5 weeks or so that summer, with a flat, so we are going to go and visit and take baby to the Olympic festivities!! I am pretty excited for both trips... The one to Hawaii is a 2 week cruise!

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It kicked in at about grade six. It hasn't stopped and I'm 40. My parents are big travelers so that helped. I am going to Ireland this summer but if I had it my way, it would be Thailand and Vietnam. That's next.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I got bitten by the travel bug when I was about 8 or 9 and my aunt was a traveling nurse. She would send me postcards of all the places that she lived or visited. I got to travel overseas for the first time when I was 17. I have been to a few countries and even lived in Germany. Unfortunately, my overseas traveling has stopped for the moment but I am planning on a trip to Germany in 2012.

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:19 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i havent really yet but i really want to

Answer by san78 at 6:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't think I was bitten by the bug until I was 20. My mom was in the Air Force and we moved a lot. We lived in England and Germany during my teen years and my mom dragged us all over Europe. I did not appreciate it then but I sure do now. I miss going to Paris for the weekend or taking a regular trip to the Bavarian alps.

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010