Is anyone a child of one of their parent's infidelity?

I just read a post in one of my groups and it was about our parents i noticed a suprising amount of women that were a product of a one night stand or their parents affair. I was just wondering how many others are out there and since you can reply anonymously on here I thought I would get more honest answers. If you were, did you know growing up that your parent cheated? how did it affect you? did you have a relationship with the parent (usually the father) or did he go back to his "other family". Just curious. Thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I wasn't but one of my friends was.We would joke all the time and say that's not your real dad because he treated her different from her brother and she didn't look like him.Then like yrs later we actually found out from her grandmother that her mom had a one night stand with a random guy and got pregnant with my friend!We were so shocked that our joke was a reality.She still treatd her "dad" the same but her mom claims she doesn't know the guy and that he may be dead.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• My father was with my aunt (my moms sister) before he cheated on her with my mom....she got pregnant....he did the "right thing" and married my mom....yeah. lol. So...kinda what you are talking about but not really, I just think its kinda funny and f'd up at the same time!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I am not but, my SS is a product of his BMs infidelity. Yes, that means my hubby's son is not really his. He knew from the beginning but, my SS needed a family and we are it now.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i'm one, but i didn't find out untill my BF had died, I never knew him.My Dad is still living & he's the only one i've ever known
    Anonymous

• I'm not, but my DH just found out he has a half-sister conceived through an affair his dad had while MIL was pregnant herself. MIL's baby died when she fould out about the affair, but this girl lived and grew up thinking another man was her dad. She found out a few years ago and tracked DH and FIL down. This was the first DH ever heard of her. FIL ended up wanting nothing to do with her, but DH has been great. She doesn't live here, but he talks to her sometimes and they're trying to build a relationship. We just mailed her a b-day gift, and actually invited her to DD's 1st b-day to which she came. It royally pissed off the IL's but we refuse to let her feel like their "dirty little secret."
    Anonymous

• interesting stories. it seems like our generation handles it differently than past generations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2008