My 7 yr old twins have just decided to switch places all the time!

They're in separate classes for some of their lessons and it's started causing quite a bit of trouble at school (as in one failing a test that she really shouldn't have). They find it really funny and I've tried to impress upon them that it's not right to do but they just carry on doing it, and in the end when I find them out it's always the same story. Anyone any ideas on how to discipline them? And it sounds funny, but I'm really at the end of my tether now!

haleykarson

Asked by haleykarson at 2:23 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• you know what I would do in this case.... give one a hair cut so that they can't be mistaken for each other.
    Anonymous

• Put them in the same class? So that they can't switch?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:24 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• LOL>>>>Thats awesome!!!!
    Anonymous

• ooh, I like the hair cut too!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I like the hair cut ideal. But can you blame then. it sounds like fun. Hopefully its just a phase and the bad grades will wake them up sooner than later.
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I like the hair cut idea too. If they can't agree on who gets cut, draw straws. Even if they are in the same class, they can still switch seats.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• the hair cut sounds like a good idea too or you could get a permanent marker and write their name on their forehead, that would be more funny for you and embarrasing for them and after a few days maybe it would stop, good luck sounds like you need it

momof2andloveit

Answer by momof2andloveit at 6:03 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• If they don't what their hair cut off short, maybe one could get layers and the other just a normal cut...you could still tell the difference but they'd get to keep the length.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with the permanent marker idea - write their name in big black ink on their foreheads. A week of that and they probably wont' switch anymore. HEHE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2008