Do you get migranes?

So how do you deal with them if you do?
Have you found any good ways to cope ?
Or any thing that works?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Health

• I had problems with this before being PG and now they are bad! Only thing that works for me is sleeping. GL!!!
    SingleOHMommy

Answer by SingleOHMommy at 9:46 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have friends that really get them and they are on something called Klonopin (both of them) which a neurologist prescribed. Also, botox is now being used for migraines, which is amazing. You can try acupuncture, meditation or good old fashioned pain killers.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ive been getting them since i was 12< im almost 25 now> all through both pregnancies.. ive been on 5 different meds, and numerous pain killers and nothing works for me.. i just take painmkillers, put an icepack and a heating pad on my head and enck and try to chill, and wear sunglasses....
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 9:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I have had Migraines since I was 10 that is when I got my period. And I have been on so many diff meds for them but sleep in a dark room till I feel better and usually when I wake up it is worse then gets better after an hour. When I was pregnant I didn't have as many and now I get them more often and they are worse then ever. Their is an herbal supplement and I forgot what it is called something with a F and it works you can find it at your local vitiam shop.
    cmjarvis

Answer by cmjarvis at 10:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I've tried everything that I could find in drugstores, everything that's been prescribed, and all the home remedies I've found. The only things that make mine more bearable are cigarettes, sleep and a little alcohol. Weed also helped the couple of times I tried it, but since that's illegal pretty much everywhere, it's not really an option.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:36 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I use Hyland's tablets for migraines, and they really help me. Frequency varies, but I definitely get them more when I'm stressed out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes. Luckily, I can control mine with really strong ibuprofen and a dark room. Sometimes, I get split and/or double vision, and that's freakin' scary.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010