is it normal for pressure from the baby to cause pain in the vaginal area?

this also causing cramping or round ligament pains @ 35wks2days

lilbabimama22

Asked by lilbabimama22 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah! You will get pain in your butt hole area too. (sorry for the grafic words lol) but it's true. I got pains like lightning pains go through my vagina and butt hole a lot when I was pregnant. It sucked!
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes, very normal for many women. For me the last 6 weeks of pregnancy feel like I'm being hit in the crotch by a baseball bat. Sorry how crude that sounds, but it's exactly how it felt with all three pregnancies. The pain goes away immediately after delivery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• YEs very very NORMAL...the end is thwe worse....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yes. I had this same thing when pregnant with my son. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Ugh, yes. I notice it more when I do a lot of walking. Feels like someone dropped a bowling ball on your nether region. I usually take it easy when I feel that way.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:09 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• That's how I've been feeling....except its more like a knife stabbing feeling and it eventually makes me feel nauseated
    lilbabimama22

Comment by lilbabimama22 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Yep. I experienced that during all three of my pregnancies at the end. Completely normal. If you begin to experience an extreme amount of pressure though, definitely make a trip to L&D or a doctor asap. I experienced bad vaginal pain with my last baby, and went to L&D & was 6 cms dilated!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I was just at L&D Monday because I get weekly nst's and had a U/S because my dr said she was a little on the small side along with my bp being elevated....so the dr said I could've had a chance of being induced but didn't my ob scared the crap outta me when they said that...but the nurse in L&D said she's in the 64th percentile and is already weighing in @ 6.3lbs. so I'm happy but still nervous since she could come at anytime now even though my edd is jan31st
    lilbabimama22

Comment by lilbabimama22 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• My baby is doing the same damn thing! Its annoying!
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• If you start feeling like you have to go to the bathroom and can't,and your tummy gets real tight feeling,yup thats labor.If women could just tell the truth about what happens and how it would help so much more.My mother told me just remember by tomorrow this time it will all be over!Not what i needed to hear.Some sharp pains can also be gas,sounds bad but can be painful too.Yes all this and you get a baby too!!Don't worry you will be fine.Pressure,is the most uncomfortable feeling,try to relax and prop legs up.hang on bless you.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2010