what to do if water is making me sick as well as all good foods?

I could never drink water without feeling sick, but now I'm throwing it up even if I have one little sip. Also, all healthy foods are making me sick like fruits and vegetables and even orange juice. I can't hold any of it down! I am only 11 weeks pregnant, how log will this last? And what should I try eating and drinking??

vickie12345

Asked by vickie12345 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain. Water always has sat at the top of my stomach and just sloshed around making me sick. I almost 11 weeks pregnant with my second and haven't been able to really eat anything. It went away at 13 weeks with my first, so hopefully for the both of us we don't have much longer to go!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:12 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Hang in there. You only have about 2 to 5 more weeks of this morning sickness to go. Try other clear liquids and see if they're easier to keep down. I drank decaf tea (not herbal tea). My dr said tea is naturally soothing on the stomach and maybe that's why I could keep it down. Also, do like they do in the hospital post op when you're nauseous, suck on ice chips. For some reason, even sipping water can cause vomiting but sucking on ice chips doesn't. Get some crystalized ginger or hard ginger candy to help ward of the nausea and try to get hydration through some foods (soups, broths, jello, and juicy fruits).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:17 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Bless your heart!I know calling ralph and earl so much hurts!Mine lasted only 3 months so hold on it does get better.Try the crackers b4 you even get out of bed.Just nibble.get up slow in the mornings.take care
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:04 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• Ok, for me its still going on. Im 14 weeks. I've lost 18 lbs alredy from being so constantly sick. I feel your pain. I can eat broccoli and that about sums it up. Avoid milk for sure. Try mixing your water with a little juice, something light like white grape. That helped me. Otherwise let your doctor know about how bad it is. They might prescribe some anti nausea meds. I started getting acid reflux really bad that made the water impossible to drink and was put on meds for that which really helped even though i'm still nauseaous sometimes I can eat a little so I'm counting my blessings. Just try to keep something going down all day long, nibble nibble nibble. Good news is even though its awful baby won't suffer from it. Baby is just like a parasite still and takes what it needs regardless. Just keep trying to find something that works.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 2:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2010