Honest question - Why do pregnant women get morning sickness?

I'm just a lowly stepmom so never really needed to know these things. What causes it, does anyone know? (don't say "being pregnant" - duh that is obvious :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hormones
    Anonymous

• Elevated hormones
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• hormones and poor protein intake-- then dehydration adds to the mix and creates a vicious cycle
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Its your body getting ready to support the new living life inside of you . Many people get morning sickness but it can be all day not just in the morning . It got its name because alot of people got it in the morning ... if you are expeciencing this try salt tines and water before you get out of bed just sip the water and eat a saltine before getting up.for some reason it helps
    lynnmarieendler

Answer by lynnmarieendler at 10:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• It's due to the hormone release in your body. for me, as long as I had some kind of food in my stomach I was ok. I was not dehydrated nor did I have poor protein intake... meat, cheese water were almost all I could eat the whole time!! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2010