HOW CAN I FEED 3 LITTLE ONE AT THE SAME TIME.....

MY 1 YR OLD..MY 2YR OLD AND MY 4YR OLD SEEM TO WANT TO EAT DIFFERENT THING AT DIFFERENT TIMES THEN I WORRY IF THEY ALL GOT ENOUGH...

BUTTERFLYLALA

Asked by BUTTERFLYLALA at 2:44 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• As the parent you will have to have set times for meals and everybody eats the same. Let them take turns picking what is for each meal. That way they get to have a little control over selection, and you still get to have your sanity. If you continue making seperate meals for them now, they will demand it when they are older too. It will be a habit to regret! You will be spending all your time in the kitchen cooking & cleaning it. Good luck!
    texanmommy

Answer by texanmommy at 2:52 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with the first anwer! and if it is not meal time, they do not get to eat. My son only gets water inbetween meal/snack time.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 2:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• As the parent you need to set the meal time and what they will eat. Unless there is a weight issue. Like my daughter is underweight and my doctor told me to make sure she always eats even if that means I have to make something different for her. But other wise it is you eat what I give you at the time i say or nothing at all. They won't let themselves go hungry.
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 6:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Watch snaking! And Juice! :-) I agree with set a schedule and stick to it. Like Breakfast between 7-9am. Have a snack around 10am. Lunch at Noonish. A snack around 3pm and dinner around 5-6pm. If my kids as for a snack before then I just remind them "Snack time is ..., you'll need to wait until then" Or "lunch is coming up soon, please wait until then" For a while I felt insane. I felt like all I was doing was going to the kitchen feeding someone, esp when it came to snacks and then they weren't hungry for the actual meal. Finally I decided we'd all snack and eat at the same time. Be prepared for some whining for a bit. But it will get better if you stick to your guns.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:10 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Oh and get out of that habit of fixing different things. I'm a mom of 5. I am not a short order cook. They get a choice a breakfast - either oatmeal or cereal, or toast or cereal, something like that (2 options no more than that). Lunch, sometimes they get a choice between nuggets or hotdogs but it's rare. They all get the same thing. Dinner is non-negotiable. Everyone eats what I cook. If they don't like it, they can pick around and eat the things they do (although they do have to at least taste it 2-3 times before making a decision about not liking it. Yours are still young enough where you can break this habit and not end up driving yourself mad a few years from now. :D
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008