bladder infection

Has anyone been pregnant and found out they had a bladder infection that was so bad your belly just hurts all the time and were you put on bed rest for this? I'm a little over 7 weeks along now and i have a really bad bladder infection i ended up going to the ER cause of the pain. and i just got a phone call saying that my doctor wants me on bed rest for a least a week or more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have had severe bladder infections during pregnancy that required hospitalization. Make sure you drink lots of water & take your antibiotics completely. Follow up with your doctor to get another urine test done to make sure the infection is gone. Good luck hun!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i'm taking my meds my husband is making sure i do he brings them to me in the morning and in the evening and he pushing the water and Cranberry juice. i have another appointment in the 4th.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• I had a bladder infection with every pregnancy. With this last one i had one that turned into a Kidney infection because i let it go too long. I was in a lot of pain. Hope you feel better soon!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• i had bladder and kidney infections, several stones and had to have stints. they suck! cranberry juice is alright but my tried and true method is lemons, drinking the juice of two lemons a day, it kills my infections quick.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• its happened to the best of them i used to have to walk around with a gallon (no joke) of water to prevent them. btw cranberry juice doesnt work, it just masks the symptoms, just drink water!
    stephanieroske

Answer by stephanieroske at 11:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Like the others before, drink a lot of water. Bladder infections are caused by dehydration and my dr. told me that if your lips are dry or your skin is dry you are not drinking enough water. I was 7 months when I had a server bladder infection and I had no symptoms. I had bladder infection while not pregnant and knew right away, but while pregnant I had no signs. I was hospitalized for the night and once they started the IV my bladder infection showed up as a Kidney infection. Those are horrible and believe me you want to try and prevent one of those. I was in the hospital a total of 3 days. I did not have bed rest. Good luck and get used to having a bottle of water attached to your hip. When you get up in the middle of the night to pee drink water before getting back into bed. Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2010