my 2 yrs old twitches

slept fine till recently now he starts falling asleep and starts twitching alot. Should i worry?

mamabeard3

Asked by mamabeard3 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would mention it at his next doctor appt. It could be just dreams, or something serious.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Answer by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• Monitor it and any other abnormalities and do talk to a doctor about it. I'm not saying this is definitely what is going on, but in some seizure disorders, the seizures only occur as the person is falling asleep. I would also recommend keeping a close eye on him during the day, too, to see if there is anything unusual going on. If you see him "zoning out" (usually 5-10 seconds long) periodically or notice times of twitching during the day, call your doctor for an appointment sooner rather than later. My son has atypical absence seizures (the zoning out I mentioned) and he does have seizures in his sleep. Because his are atypical, there's sometimes a "twitch" that occurs; it's more noticible when he is sleeping and completely relaxed than it is during the day when he seems to have more control over himself. Again, I don't want to panic you; just observe and get an appointment if it gets worse or you see other symptoms.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 3:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Video tape the episodes and show the pedi.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 10:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010