What does "nice" mean when you travel?

My friends and family have suggested some nice places for me to take my family this year. What does "nice" mean to you when you travel?

toymomRZ

Asked by toymomRZ at 2:51 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Travel

• nice used it mean something different than it will now that i am a mom!! Nice, in the way you have worded it, i would venture to say kid friendly, safe, and accessable.
    before my son, Nice, would mean: uncrowded, awsome resturants, luxury hotel rooms, and great clubs.
    after my son, nice would be: diaper changing stations in the bathrooms, stroller accessable, family tolerable resturants, hotel rooms that are clean and non-smoking, and someplace to take the baby to.
    Nice will mean diffrent things for diffrent people, and sometimes what used to be a big priority, is now so low on the list it is surprising.
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:16 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I would agree with the person above in saying that it depends on the person. Nice to me would be someplace that all five of the family members of different ages could enjoy themselves. Clean, meaning not a ton of cursing or innapproriate material of any kind. Family friendly all the way around including on the walet.
    yw8t4life

Answer by yw8t4life at 3:50 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Yes totally! I have my work travel life and my family travel life. When i travel for work, I think "peace of mind" is nice. Somewhere that has a good restaurant in the hotel or nearby, somewhere for a good cocktail when I can take clients to, and possibly a gym/pool. And of course internet connection! Nice when traveling with family is probably clean. Anywhere there is clean and amenities for parents with kids. Do your travel "nice" to-haves differ from work life and family life?
    toymomRZ

Answer by toymomRZ at 5:32 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• i have a great example of a place that is nice/ for famly vaca in FL

http://www.loewshotels.com/en/Hotels/St-Pete-Beach-Resort/Overview.aspx?cm_mmc=Google-_-St.%20Pete-_-Paid%20Search-_-Keywords

i went there with my family this summer for 5 days, very "nice."
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008