How much did you spend on your wedding?

I want to have an outdoor wedding with about 50 people. Also a reception. Nothing too fancy. And 4 bridesmaids and grooms men. We don't have a lot of extra money but I am saving now, and it will be in July how much do you think I will need in total? Also anyone have any good tips for saving and still havind a nice wedding?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 11:52 PM on Dec. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We had a nice wedding, and spent about 1500.00. We used the Govenors Gardens at their Mansion, it was free and beautiful in August. You might want to check with your local parks etc for something like that. I bought my dress online, through Macy's for 238.00. It was an ivory semi-formal dress. My husband wore a really nice cream suit by Ralph Lauren. We had a dinner at our local winery for our family and friends, and then a reception at our home after. Oh and our cake was made free from a friend, as a gift, and the person we used for pictures was a close friend and all we had to pay for was the SD card. The rest was a gift. It was awesome! There are ways to save and still be really nice.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:58 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• $50 we just went to the court house.
    mlg87ok

Answer by mlg87ok at 11:59 PM on Dec. 28, 2010

• ours is 6k.....ill give yuo a run down...

650 for the ceromony 300 for reception.
    700 for cateror.
    300 for cake...
    900 for dress...
    600 for bands
    and 2000 for honeymoon...

then misc stuff like flowers and music.. 1 brides maide and best man.. his suite.... it really adds up

have family amke your food, make your own flowers. were not ahving a dj but asking a friend to do it.. saving over 2000 that way.. jsut maek a few cd;s with songs you want and a good stario...

good luck and congrats.. my wedding is march 26th!!1
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ours cost around 2000. I did end up splurging on my dress, which I said I wouldn't...BUT...!!! We had an awesome receptions...pot luck style, but did buy our meats. If you look and ask around you can find great deals and your family/friends would be sure to pitch in to help do things as part of a present to the both of you!
    mommy4MT

Answer by mommy4MT at 12:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have no advice for you as mine cost less than $100. I wouldn't change it for anything.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We spend more then $4,500...we plan are wedding on Thanksgiving 2007, and got married on Dec.29.2007.. I can't believe it is going to be three years tomorrow

tere1986

Answer by tere1986 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010