Naming my baby girl

I love Sophia ... and it's so classic... Reminds me of the old days... but just how popular is it now? Let me know everyone, if you know a Sophia.... Thanks ( I don't want to use it if it's too popular)

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 2:53 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my cousin is 4 and she is named sophia but so are 5 other girls in her class. . . it's a beautiful name though as long as you don't mind other people in school having it . .
    ah2590

Answer by ah2590 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Sophia was number six on the Social Security Administrations baby name last year, so it's pretty popular. I only know of one current baby named Sophia, though. I'd go by how many you know with that name rather than what's popular, because you might never meet another one (for instance, it could be a very popular name in the north, but no one down south is using it). If you really love the name, that should be all the matters!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:56 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I know 2. I think its a good name
    heatmac4

Answer by heatmac4 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I love the name but I am jsut like you, I hate popular names... nobody wants the third girl with the same name in class right? See if you can find something similar but different. I personally love Charlotte, Charlene, Elsie, Genevieve, Josephina, man I could go on and on of some serious 1800 names that I love!!! Here is a great website for old fashion name look-ups. Click on the girl box and type in the first few letters, the graph will pull up the popularity from 1800 to today, and you can use your mouse to go over the names on the graph... I really loved this site!!! P.S. it is more like flash and hitting the back button on the browser doesn't work very well, just go into the name box where you types and delete that way, otherwise it can be frustrating :|

http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=JOSEFINA&ms=true&sw=f&exact=true
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 3:59 PM on Nov. 10, 2008