Does anyone think that the "public needs to know" everything??

I do not know if this question has been asked yet or not, but what do you all think about that "Weakyleaks" or however they spell that, and all he has leaked out to the general public? Possibly endangering thousands of lives?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In very simple words.......NO.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 12:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no, the govt keeps things secret for a reason, many times its for public safety
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:01 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, I do not think the general civilian population needs to know EVERYTHING that the government does in the name of national security! If they just started with fiscal conservancy and accountability, that would be sufficient for me! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Agree with Lori.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Kerp they in fact did leak things regarding National Security. If you had someone you loved in the military would you be comfortable with someone leaking information on how they do things? Who they killed? Where they are? I can only speak for my family who actually serves but there are times we dont know exactly where they are sent because it could harm them. Apparently the Govt and military believe that atleast on one occasion what Wikileaks did was harmful to our troops.
    http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/06/07/110737.html

Answer by gemgem at 10:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, everyone should not know everything. Period
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• What Wikileaks did was illegal and that is why odds are he will be brought to the US and charged. There is already on soldier who was found to have helped release the last set of leaks being held for treason. There is a reason we arent to know everything. That reason is loose lips sink ships.

Answer by gemgem at 10:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• When it comes to National security. Then the information needs to stay secured for a good reason.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 10:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Rivera is a dunce for sure..I remember that
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010