We eloped but we want to give our families a ceremony/reception party...help me

It was very spontaneous. We've been together 5 years and one day we got the nerve to get hitched. So now our families are pissy so we thought we could give in a little.

I was thinking just a quick ceremony followed by a cocktail party. DH grandpa is an ordained minister. Our cousin is trying to become a 'chef' so she volunteered to do all of the appetizers. We have a couple bar tender friends so that will be covered. Our good friend is a DJ.

We just need to hire some over 21yr olds to serve the drinks cocktail style, and some waiters to walk around with appetizers, as well as some assts to help with prepping the food.

For about 150ppl how many waiters and cocktail waitresses should we hire?
I'm not trying to go broke, but since almost everything else is covered by friends and family, I want to have staff, enough staff.

is there any other thing I should be thinking about.?

PS we already have the hotel rented, lol we just are doing everything so quick I want to have it be fun, not too traditional

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You could probably hire staff from the hotel or even a catering company. I would have 2-3 bartenders and 3-4 servers. I don't know much about food prep but I'm sure that your chef friend has other chef friends that he could ask for help with the food. Or go to the local cooking school and find some students.
    Talk to the hotel, often they insist that you use their catering/bartenders/servers.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't have any advice. It sounds like you have your head on. Have fun.
    janitablue

Answer by janitablue at 7:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ask your friends if tyey. Have anyone that would be willing to help for "x" amount of money. I helped cater a party for 150. With 5 servers, and 4 people prepping.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I was thinking of advertising to the local college, which has a culinary and Hospitality program. I figure I can find some prepping ppl, waiters and waitresses there.

The Cocktail Hour is actually a total of 2 hours, and appetizers will be served for a half hour before and after...well at least thats part of the plan.

3 cocktail waitresses
    2 ppl serving apps
    and then 3 helping prep and plate

I think thats it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2010