Is anybody doing the HCG diet?

I'm doing this diet, and am losing, and loving it...but it's HARD!!! Does anyone have any good recipe ideas or tips so we can get through this together?!!

mommy4MT

Asked by mommy4MT at 12:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have never heard of it. What does it consist of? I'm curious
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You'll have to look it up to get the full info. but HCG is the pregnancy hormone you have when you're...pregnant. It enables you to be able to eat and not gain so much...You take the drops (10 drops 3 x a day) and eat a limited diet for 21 or 43 days...depending on how much weight you want to lose. I have been on it for 10 days and have lost 13 pounds so far! I have twenty to go...I researched it a ton before I did it, some docs are for it, and some are against, but I had some friends do it and they have been able to keep the weight off so far...we'll see!
    mommy4MT

Comment by mommy4MT (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Oh wow! that is pretty neat. I will have to do some research :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• For sure...let me know what you think, and if you decide to do it! You're gonna need a cheerleader that's for sure! ;)
    mommy4MT

Comment by mommy4MT (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Once I read the following, I decided to forego trying it and just do the plain ole dieting and exercising routine:

"The common side effects include headaches, mood swings, depression, blood clots, confusion, and dizziness. Some women also develop a condition called Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS); symptoms of this include pelvic pain, swelling of the hands and legs, stomach pain, weight gain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting/nausea, and/or urinating less than normal."

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have not, nor have any of my friends (about 5 people I know) or my cousin experienced any of these...I think you have to be cautious of course, but there are side effects to everything! it's definitely not for everyone though...totally respect that:)
    mommy4MT

Comment by mommy4MT (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• This is something that i never heard of.but iam not feeling the side effects that comes with it
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i will be starting it soon. I ordered the kit, not the hcg though (im doing the injections) hopefully it works out for me!
    Anonymous

• One of my friends did it. She did really well and then gained it all back when it was over. That did not make her very happy.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I researched it and it doesn't seem healthy so i said no for myself...Yeah its hard your practically starving your body and when you do that weight will fall off. I know a few people that did it and just not for me I need to function without feeling sick.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2010