If you do not use something or wear something for a long time do you get rid of it?

I do not, I should, I have heard if you do not use something in 6 months it is safe to say you probably won't!

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 12:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It kind of depends on what it is sometimes it's like you only use something 1 time a yr do you really want to go back out and buy it again? Like my pressure cooker, water bath canner, clothes I take to the goodwill or find someone else to wear them if I can. I go through things twice a yr and see what I need and don't need and then decide
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I do. I didn't used to, but I got sick of clutter making my house chaos, and my life more stressful. Now I toss, donate, sell, whatever it takes....just wish I could get hubby on board.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, I do not. I only purge when it doesn't fit (the kids clothes), it is stained or otherwise ruined, or I know somebody could benefit more (such as a neighbor but not goodwill). I really don't have much stuff lying around. I have one tote of clothes that I don't wear but I take them out once a year or so and switch my clothes around.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have a brand new pair of boots sitting in my closet. I have not worn them but plan to wear them to my family reunion.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 12:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If I haven't worn it in a year or it doesn't fit I get rid of it. I give it to charity or to friends. I don't have the space to keep things that we don't use.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I absolutely HATE clutter and I love to organize, so I do it all the time.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i used to just give it away ..until on day i was like no... pple to whom i gave the clothes to didn't appricate .. so i started selling it on craigslist and whatever money i got from there i would buy sonmething new for my kids.
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I'm very good about that, esp. when it comes to clothes.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I hate clutter or useless crap, I toss everything all the time, normally I freecycle it or donate to this one charity I love.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If I've not worn it in a season - it goes to the local shelter.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010