4 Years old, wont eat fruit besides Bananas

Is there anything I can do to get her to eat fruit?
She says she doesn't like it.
I wish she would eat more fruit ... and veggies.

Share any ideas to how you got your child to eat things they didn't like!
Thank you.

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 12:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• there are chips - actully stick shaped - made of vegi - dont tell her. all fruit can be cut to be pretty - to get my son to accept strawberries -he loves them now - but i cut the seeds off... and soak them in sugar. he has never had a cavity so dont worry just brush. also try reverse psychology on her not putting a new vegi dish on your plate and telling her that she cannot have it - she would not like it - she would waste it. my son insists he loves spicy chicken from the chinese place simply because i refused him enough times (i just didnt want him to have exposlive poo.) so use the butter, sugar, salt, cheese sauce, chocolate, whip cream, baking it into deserts... make it look appealing and try telling her she cannot have any... might work. worth a try anyways... otherwise - gummy vitamines can compensate.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 8:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I made shakes for my daughter...with a full banana (she'll appreciate the familiar taste!) milk, vanilla yogurt and strawberries, blueberries, rasperries, peaches, oranges...etc. Adding only one until she got used to it...then after she did this for a while, I told her what was in the shake, and she couldn't believe it...she would then try the fruit by itself...and usually always like it!!
    mommy4MT

Answer by mommy4MT at 12:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Does she like spaghetti? You can puree all kinds of things and put them in the sauce.

@thatgirl70: I have the same problem.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 8:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Get creative. One thing I do (and it sounds gross) is put them in jello. I also make homemade mac and cheese and blend carrot with water so they are the consistancy of baby food and mix it in with mac and cheese. You can make her food without her realizing its in there :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Mine is kind of like that (but I think he eats more variety at school), but it's partially my fault--I like fruit, but the only one we have on hand constantly is bananas (and sometimes strawberries), because it will get eaten the quickest and usually not go to waste. Fruit in the fridge, I forget about and when I do remember, it's gone bad.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Don't make a big deal about it, but let her see you eating a variety of fruits and veggies. Example is sometimes the best teacher. I also shred carrots and add them to ham salad, and meatloaf. Try cutting fruits into cute shapes.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• it just happens...............my son hated green beans,cooked carrotts,cauliflower,broccolie (spelling?) until i started melting cheese on top of the veggies....now you cant get him to stop lol.....fruits are another story,he loves bananas,he will take 2 bites of an apple and then he is done with it,he used to hate oranges till i sprinkled a tiny bit of salt or sugar on it one day.........he loves grapes..........you just gotta try different ways.......there are juices that have the right amounts of veggies or fruits in them for kids.....fruitables are fruit drinks for kids that have veggies mixed in and they dont even know it!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2010