bashing

OK is it OK to bash a person cuz they spell wrong?????is it OK to bash cuz they have poor grammar??????? i see alot of people on here bashing others, just for spelling and grammar.....cant people just get over it....who cares................and before you ask. I'm not the one on here posting the WTF stuff...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I spell incorrectly many times on here.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 12:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Most of the time I'm on the web mobile and many times mispell thing or hit too mant keys. I don't think it matters if there are mispelled words or if the grammer is wrong. As long as they get their question across :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• girl ppl have nothing better to do they just do it because they say o ok she spelled this wrong let me tell her so she can reright her entire post with the correction lol get out of here with that non sense ( u see re-right is spelled wrong lol hahahahaha)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I usually don't worry about it, but I will sometimes politely point out something small, just so they are aware they are using the wrong word altogether...like "vales" instead of "vows".... cuz it doesn't make sense and wanted them to know its a totally different word. otherwise I could care less, just trying to be helpful.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't bash people for poor grammar, but there are some posts on here that I refuse the answer because the grammar/spelling is so poor it's hard to even understand what they are asking!

Answer by missanc at 7:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• how many different question forums did you put this in ?
    BoundHearts

Answer by BoundHearts at 9:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Is it okay? Well, I guess so since this is a public forum. It's petty though. If you watch those that complain about the spelling, ironically they usually misspell things too.

Don't sweat it. It's a public forum. Take what you like and leave the rest.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Sometimes I will correct people on their spelling and/or grammar, but I don't do it to be rude, or to bash people. I see the same common mistakes, over and over, and I know people are doing it with out realizing they are wrong. Unless those people are corrected, they will continue to make the same mistakes, over and over for the rest of their lives. (If it's obviously just a typo, I leave it alone, because I sometimes have typos too)

I'm talking about when people completely use the wrong word, such as accept/except, since/sense, and so on. It's a habit I've developed over the years, and I probably drive my kids more nuts than anyone on here, since they have to live with me and my constant corrections.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Every mom should know that kids can mess up your typing skills. lol No need to bash for spelling.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Personally I find that those who need to correct another person's spelling and grammar are CONTROL FREAKS.. They think that somehow the fact that they have made such a big deal out of something so trivial is going to change another person's spelling.. I know for me it makes me want to intentionally go visit their page and leave about 500 chatter comments with millions of spelling mistakes.. I have never done that.. But dang it is tempting.

Personally I find people who do this kind of badgering and bashing.. ARE JUST IMMATURE AND NEED TO FIND SOME WAY IN WHICH THEY ARE SUPERIOR TO ANOTHER PERSON!
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 1:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2010