Does anyone on here know anything about Gestaional Surrogacy?

Canyouhelpme

Asked by Canyouhelpme at 12:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Have never heard of it, sorry :(
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• really only know that its where the doctors take an already fertilized egg and implant it into the surrogate. also i do know that in some states its illegal plus some states its illegal to be a donor for profit.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 12:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Have never heard of it. what is it??
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• What do you want to know? I'm looking into being a gestational surrogate, so I've got some research under my belt. There's also a Surrogate Moms group on here with women who have been on both sides.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I know what GS is i was just needing a little more information about it and if there are any women on here that is willing to be or has been a GS, I had my uterus removed about 4 years ago and my husband and i are wanting to have a baby together so this is our only option however we were wanting to start the process before he starts his chemo treatments
    Canyouhelpme

Comment by Canyouhelpme (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Have you looked at agencies? Or surrogate websites? Try googling, there are several out there. Agencies are the most legit, of course, but also the most expensive. Individuals can get together through various websites, which might be a bit faster cheaper, but be sure you have yourself covered legally. And visit the Surrogate mommies group on here, they can point you to the right places, too.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010