How can I handle Nagging in-laws and a deaf husband?

My mother and father-in-law complain and nag me constantly about seeing their grand-kids (1 and 2 yrs. old) I don't want their help because my mother-in-law bit my 2 year old so hard that she had her denture mark on her arm for about 4 days! I'm constantly finding pins, and pills on her floor also, but my husband doesn't defend me. I've let them know that they can come over and visit but they don't want to do that. I've tried explain to them that I work overnights, clean the house, home-school my teen and take care of the kids but that doesn't seem to register. My husband and I constantly fight over because of his parents are constantly being rude to me and nagging me. for Christmas I got one gift from my mom-in-law...a box full of fire starters that she made.. from toilet paper and lint. My father-in-law said that, that's what they gave me since I didn't let my daughter go over there to help them make it. I'm ready to divorce my husband if he lets them be that rude to me. Everytime I talk to him about his parents he interupts and tells me he doesn't want to hear it. If I had a choice I'd never see his parents or deal with them again, but because of my husband that's not an option. I don't know how to deal with my husband.

laevans

Asked by laevans at 12:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• You are the parent and if you feel youre kids arent in a safe environment (so's parents or not) its your job to keep them out of it!

btw the toilet paper n lint thing had me crackin up! who does that?!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Tell him to suck it up and listen to you for once.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• divorce him n them get all dem out ur system....
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Awww! That is the worst Christmas gift I have ever heard of! Hugs!
    I'd suggest marriage counseling. If he won't listen,you need a moderator

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You don't have to deal with his parents! Don't answer when they call, don't take your children there to visit if you are concerned with their safety (and your schedule doesn't allow). Once you remove yourself from the situation your dh will have to deal with them. Once they become his problem he'll fix things I guarantee it! Just absolutely remove yourself from the entire situation, and if your dh tries to bring it up to you say "I don't want to hear it" :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010