Have you ever dealt with addiction, yourself or family member?

Any and all non-judgemental advice appreciated!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Health

• Yes i have... You can PM me for answers to Any question you have. GL
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I cant say I have. to a certain extent though I do like smoking weed I get aggitated sometimes when I dont have it but its not like my daughter goes without diapers or something she needs just so I can get high.My mother is a borderline alcoholic and her father did heroin many years ago and like most hes clean then dirty clean then dirty...

Ill bump you so u can get more answers because im sure mine didnt help much
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I use to work in a hospice for people dying as a result of their addictions. I know that the person has to want to change and that it is a lifelong battle. Even people who have been clean for years struggle everyday with their addictions.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I havent personally but someone very close to me does. U can also pm if you want to talk. Hugs, it can be hard.
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 12:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I have dealt with it both in my family as well as myself.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 12:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've watched my parents deal with some major alcohol abuse. It's really tough, especially when your dad leaved your younger brother, who's waaaaay too young to stay home by himself, home alone at night to go to the bars. Even harder when you live 4 hours away, and can't rescue him. Lots of issues there. I'm here if you want to talk.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• thank you musicpisces, thank you very much simply for offering but I am "talked (or chatted) "out for now, I have cried enough tonight! I sincerely appreciate you regardless.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Addiction is a sickness. You wouldn't desert a person with cancer. You shouldn't desert the person with the addiction.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I deal with it on a daily basis with my sister. She’s a hardcore junkie. Pot is a certain (she brags about it), Crack is a positive (she brags about it), and heroin/meth is suspected.

I try to talk to her about it constantly and she just ignores what I say. She’s a good person, she’s got a heart the size of North America and would give you the shirt off her back, but due to the drugs, she lacks basic parenting skills, and does NOT take care of herself. She’s 42 and thinks she’s invincible. My kids absolutely adore her but I cannot and will not let them ever stay over her house. I won’t even let her watch them while I run to the store….that sucks for both my kids and my sister. She’s always wanted nieces/nephews…now she has them, but can’t spend the time she wants with them.

It makes me angry and sad….
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 1:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2010