Did your children's behavior change when you got pregnant?

I am the mom of a happy three year old girl. I got pregnant around the time she turned three years old. Her behavior also changed. I call them the terrible threes, but my mom says she acts differently because I am pregnant.
She knows how to push my husband's and my botton's. One minute she is the happiest girl in town, but the next she is angry. She doesn't like her shoes, her clothes, she wants to eat something else, she cries, etc. I am as patient as I can, but my husband is not.
So I was wondering if this has happened to you. Is my mom right, or are we going through the terrible three's?

skymcr

Asked by skymcr at 12:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3 year old became very very whiny when I was pregnant with my youngest
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no.. it's absolutlllllllly true... ur probably having a girl....thts y shes like tht...
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• my girl did that but she just was entering into her 3s anyways which in my opinion is worse than what everyone calls the terrible twos. now though that she's 4 and i'm pregnant she seems to be getting way more clingy than i would like since she bugs me for little things about every 10 minutes.
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 12:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I am having another girl. I am due in February. I guess I just have to be patient with her.
    skymcr

Comment by skymcr (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• when i got pregnant with my son earlier this year my 7yr old (at the time 6yr old) girl did act different. She was a little jelous at first an was really a problem when i find out i was having a boy instead a girl.she really cried. even the baby was born she even told the she wish the baby wasnt even bor because "everyone don't pay me no attention any more" after that i made it a point to do more things with her and then she came round and started to hepl out with the baby. When everyone stop coming to visit she started being normal. My son is now 4 months old and she acts like she is the mom with the baby. i think it was just that everyone gave me and the baby most of the attention but i had to make sure i gave her special time she felt better about the new baby situation. my mom gave hera book called Im A Big Sister and she read it alot of times and i read to her and it helped too. give alot of quality time to the others
    strongnbrave

Answer by strongnbrave at 5:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I know my son would if I got pregnant. People ask him all the time would he like a sibling and has always told them NO. He always tells us he likes our life. He is almost 5 years old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• after i had my son i got prego with my daughter one year and five months later...........my son loved it!! he rubbed my belly everyday,kissed it,drove little hotwheels cars over it lol........he loved when i was prego.............
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• my son didn't change until his sister learned to crawl...he was a dream child and now he's a demon child, bad thing is, she's worse...(they are 2 and 4)
    hammomof2

Answer by hammomof2 at 4:54 AM on Jan. 2, 2011