abortion or be in the system

would you rather see a kid be aborted or put in the system?????????????? alot of kids stay in the system there whole life.......and never find a family, or a home...so would being abortted been better for them or no???????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Adoption

• abort, abort, abort!!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• im being serious.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I think I'd rather have an abortion than give up a child. I agree with you that there are so many children who just wind up in the system, and it's really sad. I've always been careful, birth control-wise, but nothing is fail-proof, and things happen. I did have an unplanned pregnancy when I was younger (got pregnant on Seasonale, even though I took it the right way). That pregnancy I had planned to keep, but I miscarried around 5 weeks. I was sad, but glad I didn't have ties to the father, who, shortly before I found out I was pregnant, got back together with his ex. Had I been younger (I was 24 at the time), I might have had an abortion. It would be WAY too hard to give up a baby, and always wonder what happened to him/her, what kind of parents they ended up with, and what kind of life they were living, especially because I've always wanted kids. I commend anyone who can do it, but it's not the choice for me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I don't agree with abortion. I feel that if you are unable to care for your child, adoption is always a choice. There are many couples who cannot have children and would love those babies as if they were their own.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• who is anyone to say that a life in the system is worse than no life at all? Some people have terrible childhoods and then go on to grow up and build a life of their own and fill it with happiness and joy.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i agree.. i know some kids do get out of the system, and find a family. they say they do back ground checkand whatever, but how do you check on them for being abusive parents??? how do they truly know the parents wont hurt them??or rap them??? i wont ever wanna give my kid up an think about that.. i would abort also................

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can also do an open adoption, which would be the only adoption I think I would consider. Then you at least get to be a part of the child's life, the adoptive parents are there when you're pregnant, giving birth, etc, and you get to watch the child grow up. You also get to choose which parents get yoir baby, sometimes. I think that's the ONLY way I'd be okay with giving up my child for adoption.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• have you ever read the book "a child called it'

true story, and a prime example of what my point is.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• has nothing to do with this question...and that lady should of aborted when she had a chance......yeah just cuz he turned out dont mean the other thousands will.............
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Abortion should be used only in emergencies like they were raped or molested, or mom's life is in danger. Adoption is a better way out, but only thing I woulkd insist on is the birth mom will not see the child. If she wants to get rid of her child then she should not be able to see that child. Its one thing to make the decison to give them up then see the child and then the mom changes her mind. My very best friend in the world killed herself when the girl who told her she is giving her baby up to my friend 4 months before she was due changed her mind when the nurse brought her daughter in one last time before she took the baby away. I still get so very damn angry.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010