What else can I do with a stand mixer?

I got my kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas. So far, I've made cookies, biscuits, and bread, but aside from baked goods, what else can I do with it? I just can't fill my house with so many baked treats, because then I have to eat them all! I've heard of mashed potatoes... what else? Please share recipes you have for main dishes and side dishes that use a stand mixer.

debbymichelle

Asked by debbymichelle at 1:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can get all kinds of attachments, including a pasta maker, meat grinder, and ice cream maker, among others. I've made primarily baked goods with mine, too, but I definitely want to get a meat grinder. If you want to mix meatloaf in there, you could, bu I think it's a lot of dishes to do when you can just mix it quickly by hand. Mine gets used a fair amount, but I does spend a fair amount of time in the corner with the cover on it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• anything that needs to be mixed up you can do in a mixer unless it needs to be mixed gently or something like that
    macks_mommy

Answer by macks_mommy at 1:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Omg, everything that you need a mixer for! I would die without my KitchenAid!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Bring it to my house. I'll show you how to use it. You'll need to leave it here, of course.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Using the whisk attachment makes for nice and fluffy whipped potatoes. YUMMY!!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:02 AM on Dec. 29, 2010