Has anyone ever typed or said to you in person "I appreciate you"?

I don't think people hear this enough, I know I have NEVER heard those words spoken to me EVER! Although I can say that even if I were to simply read them, it would make me smile!! So, I practice this every chance I get!! I try very hard to live by the golden rule everyday of my f'ed up life, and treat others as I would like them to treat me.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, my DH says it...Question, have you ever said it to anyone?
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I have said it in person when I felt that way and I have also typed it to a select few on-line friends as well. I thought I made that clear with my statement about living the golden rule!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've said that many times but I just don't remember a time when someone said it back or said it out of the blue.
    audcj

Answer by audcj at 1:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Applause for audcj!!!!!! Sincerely!! I say it every time I feel it and I am a person who is very in touch with reality and myself, not to mention my feelings!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thank you :) I usually tell people out of the blue how i truly appreciate them, who they are, what they do..it'd just be refreshing to hear it back once..just sayin. Lol.
    audcj

Answer by audcj at 1:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Both my children, my parents, my grandparents, cousins, aunt, great aunt and uncle, friends... yes. I've got loving, supportive and respectful people in my life, so I hear it often.

I also say it often. To myself and others.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• "I appreciate you audcj, and your wonderful and refreshing candor", if that means anything to you! I know it's not as meaningful to read it in this medium but it is sincere. Thank you!!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My SO says it to me. He is a very affectionate man. He likes to say how he feels. Now if I could only jump on the band wagon with him.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I do it frequently.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I try tell people around me I appreciate them. My children show me they appreciate me with hugs and smile, but other than that I certainly don't hear it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2010