birth control

I just read a question on birth control and someone said "if there kid is big enough to have sex than they can supply there own birth control" and she will "not" put her on birth control because of the "hormones"??? im not bashing her or her statement but where is a 12-15 year old going to say o well im having sex let me go to the doctor and ask for birth control or lets spend out $10.00 allowance on condoms when there still kids i no when i was that age I wasnt having sex but when i did i was 17 and ended up pregnant because we didnt want to buy the stupid condoms and we didnt want to go to the doctor!!! i mean its one thing to supply it and its another to educate ur kids on it but to pretend its not going to happen than thats where ur wrong :(
!

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you. I couldn't believe that answer to the question! I was like, wouldn't you rather your daughter have the hormones from birth control pills than from pregnancy??
    There are, fortunately, methods of getting pills for free (Planned Parenthood is a great resource), but it helps to know you have your parents' support and their encouragement in getting them.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I know when talking with our 10 year old daughter who started her period when she was 8, we talk openly about sex and the consequences of. We don't advocate birth control pills or condoms. We talk about abstaining from sex until marriage. As a 27 year old woman and only being intimate with my husband even in this day and age, I tell her it is possible and doing the right thing isnt the easiest thing, but when it's all said and done she'll be happier knowing she doesnt have to deal with added stress of having sex with any other person but him. I never felt like i missed out on much hearing stories from promiscuous friends and being the shoulder they cried on with every failed sexual relationship they had that continues to follow them into their adulthood. We are raising her Catholic like we were and we encourage her to grow in love with her faith and Christ and lean on him and us when she is tempted or confused. Hope this helps
    BlessingsB4Me

Answer by BlessingsB4Me at 2:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2010