Has anyone experienced a threatened miscarriage? adult content

If so, what was the outcome?

I am now experiencing one with my second pregnancy, and its terrifying. I'm on pelvic rest, and not able to pick up my 15 month old son until we go home (we leave Friday for an 1800 mile drive home) and I am seen by my OB.

I just dont know what to expect. I am not passing blood, my cervix is closed, but there was some old blood when they did a pelvic exam at the er. I have been cramping for about 4.5 days straight. Baby looked great on the ultrasound and had a good heartbeat.

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 1:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a subchorionic hemorrhage with DD#1... I ended up being fine. She's 7 years old now.

SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had this diagnosis twice...and now have two beautiful precious girls...one is twenty three(with two little ones of her own) and the other is sixteen...
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 2:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I've had several miscarriages. I'm sorry, at leas the baby looks good right now
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had a threatend miscarriage with both my daughters. They are now 3 and 1. Same thing happened to me, but the looked great via ultrasound. My third pregnancy I began to bleed and had only found out I was pregnant 5 days before they confirmed I had already miscarried.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• But to add to that. I knew something was wrong with my third pregnancy. I could just feel it. With my first 2 I knew they were fine.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had a "threatened miscarriage" with both of my pregnancy multiple times through out the first trimester.

I learned later than ANY bleeding or severe cramping during the first trimester is diagnosed as a "threatened miscarriage."

Just stay on pelvic rest until you get home and see your OBGYN when you can. Chances are you will be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks! That's all very relieving to hear. For the women that have had a miscarriage, I am sorry :(
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I did and thought I had lost the baby because I bleed so much, found out it was a subhemmorage sac next to the babys' that I bleed out. I just tried to rest alot, drank alot of water I didn't lift anything heavy didn't have sex, did exactly as my dr ordered and I'm 20 weeks now. During my firs trimester it was alot of touch and go very stressful. Just follow your dr instructions get alot of rest try not to stress and best of luck to you I know its hard but it doesn't nessarily mean that you will lose the baby chaces are you won't.
    babydoll845

Answer by babydoll845 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Bless your heart ,hang in there .Hope all goes well for you dear.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Just listen to what the doctor tells you and rest up. Think positive and I pray that everything will be well in the health of your baby
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010