How are you exercising?

DH and I went out for a leisurely walk today... for about an hour. This is the first exercise I've gotten since being pregnant & I'm 23 weeks already! I was exercising a lot before, but I didn't feel well enough in the first trimester and it's been so hard to recreate the habits! So, what are you doing - walking, going to the gym, prenatal exercise classes?

debbymichelle

Asked by debbymichelle at 2:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I try to do a lot of walking since it's winter time i walk a few laps around the mall ,it's a plus since i get to see all the latest baby items when they come out and i can grab things when the go on sale.
    newmomdiva

Answer by newmomdiva at 8:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sitting on my butt and working or sleeping lol :) can we say im lazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I tryed to walk as much as I could
    kriss18

Answer by kriss18 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Swimming is an easy way to get exercise PLUS it helps you practice breathing techniques before going into labor later. Do everything you can to get at least 30-60 minutes of exercise a day. It will help with the labor later on and it will benefit you in many ways including reducing water retention plus it gives you a bit of extra energy during the day. I don't know about you, but some days, I definitely need it. With all this rainy weather, I need something to motivate me to get things done. Anyways, do your best. Good luck!!
    soulmeetsbody19

Answer by soulmeetsbody19 at 3:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I want to get out and take more walks but the Chicago winters aren't very forgiving- especially living close to the lake. I have been doing yoga and some floor exercises. Some say that you shouldn't be on your back during pregnancy because it can reduce the blood flow to the uterus, but my OB said that since I have been doing pilates up until I was pregnant that floor exercise was ok until I felt uncomfortable doing it. So I'm not doing pilates anymore but I have been doing a bunch of leg and hip work and my fav. lately is lying on my back and making imaginary snow angels. Its been helping my posture a bunch!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I love to swim but sadly no access to a pool...but i love to clean my house with my ipod on.Talk about excersizing!! get it done and all at once .I try to do alot of yard work and paint ect .Staying active is the most important!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• water aerobics! it is awesome exercise and no impact. i am lucky to have a pool fairly nearby that offers several drop in classes a week.
    fabulosa

Answer by fabulosa at 9:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• walking and a good yoga pregnancy tape is great
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It's definitely harder to exercise this time around because of being preggers in the winter (last time it was in the summer). If only I had access to a heated pool! I keep meaning to look up some local prenatal exercise classes, but in the meantime I guess it'll have to be walking and video tapes.
    debbymichelle

Comment by debbymichelle (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2010