Have you ever volunteered to do something and then thought "maybe I don't want to do that." ?

My mom has to do an in office visit with her plastic surgeon, they are correcting part of her scar tissue. Well she isn't being put to sleep for it, she is going to be awake, they are numbing the are though, and she said she might want me there. I said yes, of course just trying to be present for my mom. But now I think I might freaking blow chunks if I see her open flesh. Seriously, EWW.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Several times. I'm still learning how to say no.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes, I volunteered to babysit my brothers kids during Xmas break to save them some money on daycare...I love these little buggers but they are bad!!!! Plus they need much more supervision than my boys do...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• yes!!!!!! Many of times I have regreted that descision! Next time someone asks me to do something I need to think before I act on it!
    mamaninabina

Answer by mamaninabina at 2:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes..been there done that.

Thats good you will be there with your Mom for support.....hold her hand...something I miss doing when my Mom was having chemo in the hospital before she died......be brave for her! Turn your head and deep breathe thru your nose. You'll both be fine.

They should give her a topical first to numb the area before they stick or cut her......you can do it! Good luck to your Mom!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:51 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Turn your head and don't look.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010