anyone know the risks between c-section and natural?

hrtbr8kr8

Asked by hrtbr8kr8 at 3:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That's going to vary depending on the individual's health, baby's health, hospital and dr. I can tell you that I have experienced both and for me, the natural birth was by far better all the way around in every way possible including pain.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• There are lots of risks with c-sections. The risks of surgery include bleeding (hemorrhaging), infection, and death. Plus, your baby gets the anesthesia through your blood, and they are often lethargic when they're born, which can also mean they have a hard time learning to breastfeed. The recovery is harder with a c-section, too. Your body was designed to give birth vaginally. There is a risk of tearing, but most providers have learned ways to lessen that (such as massaging the perineum and keeping the baby from coming out too fast).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• C-section - Not Natural
    Vaginal - Natural

Obviously c-section IS considered a major surgery, however it is very routine. With any major surgery, you have tons of risks.

I am pro whatever is best for both Mom and baby, and not pushing women into either decision. Vaginal when able, c-section when not... IMO.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• There are very little risk with a true natural birth with no medical intervention. Midwives preform these deliveries everyday and have better outcomes than doctors do.

C-sections have an absurdly high amount of risk and should ONLY be used when medically necessary!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Why would you go anon? I don't understand. You're speaking the truth that more women should hear... but yet you're anon. Makes no sense lol.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I had 3 vaginal deliveries and 2 csections. For me, the csections were much easier. I had a horrible, traumatic first vaginal delivery and it prevented me from being able to "enjoy" the next two because I was so terrified that the same thing was going to happen. My recovery from my first vaginal delivery was much longer than the recovery from either of my csections, and with those I was running around after other kids!

Answer by missanc at 7:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I really hope you aren't starting this discussion to talk about elective c-sections. I think electing to have MASSIVE surgery is just dumb. Recovery time is much longer. Pain is usually much worse. And you are bed bound for longer. No, it's not easier.

If you NEED a c-section then by all means don't feel bad about it.

But the risks should be talked about with you doctor. There are many for both.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Never had a c-section.All three mine delivered natural.Yes it hurts but well worth any pain.Had alot of friends that had c-sections,and all experianced problems.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Also, when I had my c-section, the dr managed to slice my bladder and I have a lot of issues now still 6 years later with it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 9:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• there are really not too many risks with natural child birth
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010