Did you know this about the PAPER JAMZ Guitars for kids??

That it says it is for 8 year olds on up, BUT the songs on there have offensive curse words? Yep, sure found that out the hard way!

Depending on which SERIES you get, and if you do not know the songs....look out! My son had the Series 2, style 11 guitar. 

Style 11 image 1 And the one song, INVINCIBLE says the M--F'r word! 

Regardless of the age requirements being 8 years old and up, my son is 6 years old! I wouldn't want ANY child to hear such words on their guitars!

Needless to say I wrote the company as well as telling a local TV station about it in case they wanted to bring it to the attention of their viewers. 

So let other parents know to look up the songs listed on the guitar on YOU TUBE or www.songlyrics.com and check out what the lyrics say! Or they will get an earfull like I did! 

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 4:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• that's a great post. I wanted to get one for my 5 yr old grandson...glad I didn't....
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Very interesting. My kids don't know about those, and I will likely never buy them, but now I'm curious because on Black Friday I saw our school principal's wife shopping with their son (10 yrs old) and he was picking one out...hmm......!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I got my son one, but I know the songs and no curse words on mine.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I made sure to get non cussing songs for our son
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• good post though for those that do not know. I am all out of bumps for the day or I would bump for you
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Thanks, my 4 year old wanted one but I told him he was too young yet. Glad I read this.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Wow that's horrible! Thanx 4 the heads up! My 6 year old wanted one, not anymore!
    nqmochafrappe

Answer by nqmochafrappe at 11:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My sil got my 9 yr old dd and 5 yr old ds each one for Christmas and I don't "think" they have any offensive language - I sure do need to check, though!!!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:34 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• darn
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:52 AM on Dec. 30, 2010

• The curse words are not said on the guitar itself so I'm not worried that the "original" does. So long as it's not said on the paper jam (and it's not) then I'm ok with this and my son will continue to play with his.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2010