Did you know this about the PAPER JAMZ Guitars for kids??

That it says it is for 8 year olds on up, BUT the songs on there have offensive curse words? Yep, sure found that out the hard way!

Depending on which SERIES you get, and if you do not know the songs....look out! My son had the Series 2, style 11 guitar. 

Style 11 image 1 And the one song, INVINCIBLE says the M--F'r word! 

Regardless of the age requirements being 8 years old and up, my son is 6 years old! I wouldn't want ANY child to hear such words on their guitars!

Needless to say I wrote the company as well as telling a local TV station about it in case they wanted to bring it to the attention of their viewers. 

So let other parents know to look up the songs listed on the guitar on YOU TUBE or www.songlyrics.com and check out what the lyrics say! Or they will get an earfull like I did! 

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 4:54 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• The one I got my kids plays Sweet Home Alabama and some Smashmouth song. Other than being extremely annoying, there's nothing offensive. Glad I didn't pick that one up, though! Good to know!
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i didnt know about the lyrics but my son like to play it... but on the free play mode
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 5:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yep Lynnsae... it was a shocker. It's not that my son does not KNOW curse words, he does......BUT to hear them and then have HIM repeat them! Oh heck no!

Just very surprised.......here is the song on You Tube that was on the guitar...sheesh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPwF4fNGkrY    I like the beat of the song....but Im 48! Not 6! LOL

LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 5:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• he hears curse words on tv, movies and in real life out there in the big bad world. Sadly, curse words are a part of daily life nowadays. Shielding my tween from it, isn't going to stop him from hearing it from peers or on media.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We may not stop it everywhere, however, for those of us teaching our kids its not okay to repeat it, we should be able to know which toys not to buy, they should label it in big letters in plain view. I will let my son say it MAYBE once it is called freedom of speech and he can say it verbally to a teacher, authority figures like officers, judges, president,..................... -okay, NO I wont but if a kid isnt allowed to say it to authority figures why is it being used with a toy?
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 5:44 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Your right Zoeyis......you can only shield them from so much.

When I lived in the UK, on TV frontal nudity on a woman was nothing over there, and billboard like this, even mens bare bums they showed...but here its shocking. NEVER would you see this one in the USA.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.asylum.co.uk/media/2010/08/1kb.jpg

LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 5:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No where on the packaging did it show OFFENSIVE LYRICS. That's what surprised me, that's all.

I did not know the song, I know most of them from other series, but that song, Invincible I didn't expect to hear Mother F*cker and then my son singing it over and over!

Ok, Son...let's let Grandma and Grandpa hear you rock out! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 5:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My kids know which words they are allowed to say. They listen to all sorts of music and when a swear word comes up they all automatically edit it out (even hell and damn). I never told them to do this, they just knew they were words they weren't allowed to say so they didn't say them. Makes playing Rock Band really hard for my 10yo when she's singing certain songs. Swear words always mess up her scores because she won't even sing them for the game. They are 10, 9, 8 and 4.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• We don't have paper jamz so I don't know much about those, other than if the label says it's for older kids (but to me 8 is not enough of an older kid for offensive language) then there is probably a reason for it. Do they have the songs listed on the package? If so, you could check those out before you buy it. For Rock Band, our kids don't sign the bad words either, but as long as you sing something there it doesn't mess with your score. They make up their own lyrics for the curse words and have a blast.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2010