I am scared....help me....

I am worried I might be in labor....I had TONS of what I thought were B. Hicks last night....drank water like crazy and rested...still came....

lower back started hurting last night a bit too....went to sleep thinking rest would cure it all...

Woke up and back is much worse...feels like period cramps....not sure about contractions......belly feels sort of tight sometimes...but not very obvious.....

I am about 34 weeks.....about to wake up hubby and decide what to do.....

If I go into labor...will my baby be ok :( :( worried....:(

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 6:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to go dear,they can do amazing things now a days don't worry ,just go !!And Bless you and your baby !
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yes your baby will be okay, go to the hospital. If you are in labor you need steroid injections to help the baby's lungs develop faster. Either way your baby will be okay but you don't want to deliver at home so go to the hospital.  Sometimes the cramping and back pain are just the fact that the baby is getting bigger so it's more uncomfortable, but have a doctor check you.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I can not garntee your baby will be okay, let give you little ray of hope. MY great niece was born at only 6 months gestation, she only weighed 1pound and 12 ounces and was 12 inches long. You talking about a site to see she was so tiny your ring would have fit on her waist. She is now 5 years old healthy as an ox and smart as a whip. All you have to do is put it in Gods hands and He will take care of you and your baby. I have seen more than one child survive an early birth. just pray that your child is healthy and go from there.
    Good luck and congrulations
    jenny1977j

Answer by jenny1977j at 6:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• It does sound like it could be labor Sweetie. You should go to the hospital.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• get to the hospital and get checked!
    horsegal2760

Answer by horsegal2760 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I keep trying to talk myself out of thinking I am going into labor....but it feels so much like period pains.....and this is my third....feels familiar...

:(
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 6:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My 3 labors all started in the back, but they lasted for a few days before I went into hard labor. Then when I finally went to the Hosp. the Dr broke my water and I had each with 1st 3 hrs, 2nd 45 min, and 3rd 30 min. My 3rd was 3 weeks early and 6 lb, she was just fine. I'd definately be calling the Dr. he's the one who has the knowledge to give you the proper advise, and your paying him for that knowledge. Good luck. At the very least, CALL THE DR.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Babies at 34 weeks have a very high chance of survival. Babies at 28 weeks live... he would just have to be in the hospital for a little while. I would call you OBGYN.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 34 weeks it should be thats only a little over a month early. And with all the advanced procedures they have now adays is should be just fine. Still you should go into your doc so they can check the baby.I know of someone who started to go into early labor and the hospital gave her something to prevent that from happening. Best of luck I'm sure it will be ok.
    babydoll845

Answer by babydoll845 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• call your doc or just go in to the hospital
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2010