How?

How can someone feel anything/love someone, but be non-emotional? Isn't that what feelings and love are based on-emotions? I don't exactly think being emotional means crying, or being sentimental. There's a fine line I guess, and I'm not seeing it. Does anyone have insight on the difference, if any?

sdms

Asked by sdms at 3:27 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• It's like saying I love you but am not in love with you.

Like knowing some one for a while so you ave a lot of care for that person more then just care but love but your not in love with that person. Your not willling to marry the person you just care for them.
    Anonymous

• there are differences between being emotionally numb, emotionally reserved, emotionally indifferent... feelings are normal. the answer really depends on the makeup of the individual and if this is a general emotional problem, a laid-back style, overintellectualizing love, etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• This is perfectly normal for reserved people. My second husband is very reserved and unemotional but I know that he loves me beyond measure. Some people, especially some men, just are not demonstrative.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 9:14 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I agree with you, cgoddess. My man is a VERY reserved person and I'm not used to that, as far as prior relationships. I know he loves me, it's just different being with someone who is emotionally withdrawn.
    sdms

Answer by sdms at 9:29 PM on Nov. 10, 2008