does your husband think that...

since he's sick he can be a dick to you and the kids?

mine must apparently. he was very rude when he got home from work. im trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, i myself am a bit of a grouch when i don't feel well. but im never mean to the kids because of it. after all, it's not their fault, is it? he just had a very sour attitude last night, yelling at them (they are 2 and 11 months for God's sake) for every little thing they weren't supposed to do. then my 2 year old came out of the room after I put her to bed, and he says very sternly to go back to bed. he stammers up to her and practically charges to her bed with her, shutting the door behind him. i felt awful, i went in there and she was so upset, so i took her into her big sister's room (who was at a sleepover last night) and read her another story. she then felt much better and went to bed no problems.

then our oldest, 4 years old, calls us on the phone just to say goodnight. we were already laying in bed, so he could hear her on the phone. immediately he shouts "GO TO BED LILY" and then she wanted to talk to him, and he was rude. just quick, short responses.

then this morning, the babies woke up very early because they were cold! he turned the heat down and i realized today they're not getting any heat in their room so i have to call management and have them look at the ducts. he stormed out of our room to let the cat in and i told him he cant turn the heat down, the kids froze and if he's too hot wear less layers or something. with the kids even in fleece pajamas and 2 blankets, they were still cold. then he just went back to bed, didn't even say a word. ugh!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• No, my DH acts like a total baby when he is sick. He knows that if he is mean to me, that he won't get nurse treatment.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Hubby is sometimes like that. when he's hurting and when he's sick. It hurts my feelings sometimes, but other times, I just shrug it off because when I'm hurting or sick, I'm a grump too. We talk about it after. I just let him cool down and wait until he feels better. He always appoligizes to me and the kids after. We all go through it.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no, but it is natural to be in a foul mood when you're not feeling well. What he needs to do is just go somewhere in the house where he can be left alone for awhile. I don't like people fawning over me when I'm sick, either and can get snippy.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• being a baby and wanting to be pampered is one thing when you are sick. BUT being rude !! oh HELL NO !! I would never tolerate that. If I am feeling lousy and I 'feel' like being mean I just tell DH " I am in no mood to deal with people so I am heading off to bed to feel sorry for myself. Please try to keep everyone away....thanks"
    I do not want my kids thinking rudeness is okay (for any reason) Its okay to say I am sick , I feel lousy and cranky I am off to bed! But to be mean and nasty.....no there is no excuse for that.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, when my hubby is sick he just wants to sleep and that helps him feel better more quickly. He has some weird superman type immune system though, and very very rarely gets sick.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Nope. He's a big baby when he's sick.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• No, my DH is a baby. He lays in bed and cries, "I'm siiiiiick". Then he begs me to do everything for him. It's annoying. However, I would NEVER let my DH treat our kids like that. He needs to have some nonsense knocked into him. If he wants everyone to treat him with love and respect, he has to do the same with everyone else. No one wants to play when they are sick, but they don't have to be a jerk about it.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• no, mine isn't like that thank God!!!
    Elise1968

Answer by Elise1968 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2010