how to be a n extremely cooperative wife if husband is much busy and does not have much family time?

desire1234

Asked by desire1234 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Bump for you, good question. Hubby and I both are stay at home parents, so we're with each other and our family 24.7 so I really can't help on that one.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i would not be cooperative...lol, i want a family man, not a workaholic.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• if the extra work is bringing in extra income, then I'd be understanding (in this economy).

If he's working just to work and neglecting the family, I'd talk to him about it, he may not realize it. Sometimes people just get into what their doing and lose track of time.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You plan things and make them special for the times when he is at home. You let him know that you are looking forward to his being with you and the family. And you use that time wisely having fun and not complaining that he's never there. Sometimes, men work extra hours just to avoid all the nagging they hear when they are at home, so be careful not to let that happen. If you make it fun, who knows? He may be able to make it home more often.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:42 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• If he is out making the money to feed your babies, just love him. Some Men bust their asses to put gifts under a tree and heat in the house and food on the table. I had a dad who was gone at work all the time. He did it because he wanted us to have things he didn't get to have. I know it was hard on my mom and she got very lonesome. Reach out to your other local mom friends. Having someone to talk to or set up a play date with for the kids really helps.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I agree with the others! Plan special family days that include the interests of everyone! Sit down and TALK about your concerns with his work schedule--if you don't know why he is working so much. Sometimes short term gains result in long-term rewards.

My husband has been working on a new national account, and while he has had to work 7-days a week since September (which will result in a promotion, higher salary and bonus), he took this week off--since I and the kids are on school vacation (I'm a teacher) and we've been planning a number of day trips and special family times together. Today we're just chilling out--yesterday was our younger son's 7th birthday and we had a BounceU party, followed by a trip to Toys R Us, and MORE cake and ice cream when we got home. The kids are just playing with their Christmas presents today, but tomorrow we'll be going skiing for the day at a nearby resort.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:39 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I can't understand exactly what you're trying to ask here. Sorry.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• My DH works 6 days/week for 12 hours/day. This doesn't leave much time for the family. On his day off, we stay in the house and do fun things with the family. I also do grocery shopping or get out of the house by myself so he can spend some alone time with the kids. On some of his days off, he will take the older kids to the movies. You just need to find time as a family. Put everything aside that does not have anything to do with the family.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Prayer and make the most of the time he does have to spend with the fam instead of fussing and stuff
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:55 AM on Dec. 30, 2010