21 weeks

im 21 weeks and up until a few days ago my baby was very active, she still moves some but not as much as she used to just curious if this was normal because with my son he hardly moved at all the whole pregnancy.

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 8:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your diet and activity level can change your perception of the movement and the frequency of movement. With the holidays and such, you are probably eating heavier food, going all sorts of places, getting less rest... All this stuff can change a baby's activity level.

You can get a fetoscope to listen to the heart beat at home to feel morer secure about your baby's wellbeing. You can order them from everythingbirth.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Some babies are more active than others, mine always seemed to be active when I'd lay down and try to relax or sleep. Also as they grow, they tend to have less room to move around as much and that will slow them down. If your worried, I always pushed on my side and kind of made the baby move a little.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Ditto to what the other ladies said.I was awake in bed when my first turned.Scared me to death to see it go from a nice round belly to sideways ,out the sides then back to rounded again.Did not hurt at all just so weird seeing it all change like that.It was simply the baby turning over into the birth canal.It is such an amazing experiance.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• You can get a fetal monitor from the store or just make a doc. appt.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 6:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• sounds like the baby is changing it activities a bit. don't be scared to call the doc if you feel weird about it
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Yep it's normal i'm 22 weeks now and my little girl is the same way some days she's really busy other days i hardly feel her move at all.
    newmomdiva

Answer by newmomdiva at 8:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2010