Restaurant perv? or overreacting?

In a restaurant the other night, saw a family sitting their, mom, dad and young son.

The dad was looking around the room and kept looking at all the little girls (5-7yo), they were 3 of them in the room, and kept cracking little smiles when he'd look at them.

He saw me gazing his way and stopped.

Now maybe he's just always wanted a little girl, maybe his wife can't have anymore kids and thought these charming little angels were just so cute and charming to watch. But it made me wonder. I feel bad, in away, because its obvious he only has the one child, a boy, and the way he looked at the girls wasn't all that creepy, more observant, maybe even missing something he'll never get to experience...having a daughter..., but ya never know anymore.

Am I so bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think he was just a typical guy being charmed to death by cute little girls. Its endearing. He sounds like a sensitive man with a soft side. How nice. Probably does wish he had a daughter of his own that age and for whatever reason doesn't.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 6:59 AM on Jan. 1, 2011

• I don't know, I love watching young children so I can see why he might have been doing this. Both of my children are girls, but I have a great fondness for boys because the first class I had was a group of 4 year old boys. They were so much fun!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• or maybe his wife is pregnant and he is hoping for a girl. or he has an older child that is a girl and is thinking back to when she was that small. it can be so many things. don't worry their are alot of perverts out there but not everyone man that looks at children is a pervert.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Maybe he had a young girl, but something tragic happened to her.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• being a mother of a daughter i may have worried about the same thing with that man. But, i also tell myself that i am being paranoid & i shouldn't judge like that. But, i can't help but to be extra careful.

I sometimes stare at cute kids & glow too though. They're just so awesome, it's hard to not find joy when looking at cute, happy kids.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Unfortunately there are people out there like that, but I really hate to always assume the worst. I would like to think he was just thinking happy things or enjoying the sight of happy kids or something?
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 8:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2010