Is it wrong to detach from an intense mothers group?

This mother's group likes to meet at least once a month, and they usually meet during 1) one of us, the mother, birthday; 2) one of our kids' birthday; 3) sometimes they even want to meet when it's their husbands' birthday. There are about 10 of us and each has at least one kid, needless to say, I get an invitation to a birthday party/dinner just about every month. This is just one group of my friends that I am not particularly close to, even though I am one of the moms in the group and I've been to a few of their events, I never really feel "fit in" to the conversations nor their personalities. I feel overwhelmed by these invitations. How can I politely detach from the group?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Is there a "group leader"? If so call them and tell them that you are just overwhelmed right now and you would like to take a break from the group until you get everything back to normal. This will give you some time away from them to really see if you miss the group or if you would just like to leave all together. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:41 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• Nope, I did, I have.

I even stopped being an admin and left a group after I talked to the GO.

You need to worry about your own mental health not some silly on line group.

good luck.
    Anonymous

• cont...or any sort of group period
    Anonymous

• Let's see... you can say that you and your husband are a part of a new group maybe church based and that you don't really have the free time you used to.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but it sounds to me like these women are just trying to squeeze gifts out of people. Why else would you only meet on birthdays... is it a birthday group? Just move on.
    OOHPFG

Answer by OOHPFG at 8:26 PM on Nov. 10, 2008