is this possible?

Is it possible to be molested or something happen to you when you were younger and now many many years later honestly think it did not happen??

Even if it just happened once?

When i was 10 i believe i was molested BUT i honestly now 10 years later don't know if it REALLY happened or if it was just something made up in my mind?
I don't know why I would make this up though. It has to do with someone close to my family, someone IN my family.

So is that possible???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't really know a good answer for you. Maybe you could get hypnotized and bring it out that way to see if it was real. Good luck with whatever you do.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes i think so. a mental block.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• yes, because my husband was raped by his oldest brother and he thought it happened (more then once) and then years later was not sure. So one day after we were married he asked his middle brother (because in my DH's recolation it happened to that brother too) and his brother said "yah to both of us".

I was in the next room and I heard my husband ask, or I thought I heard him ask but prayed to God I hadn't, when I hear his brother's answer i felt my heart sink.

So yah, it's possible. Sorry sweety.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I fotgot to mention that about a yr later his middle brother brought it up to their older brother and all he said was, "Sorry man I was young, what did I know?"

But he did it to them more then once for months and did horrible things to them.
    Anonymous

• I've wondered the same thing. I was molested when I was about 12, and then raped at 15. It seems like the more time passes, the more I question the details. I know I was raped, but the molestation is really foggy. I think I've just made myself block it out, instead of dealing with it. Good question!
    Anonymous

• It happened to me 20 years ago (I was five). I only remember a few little parts and not much else. I wonder if it is time or fantasy taking over. It's just horrible how many people actually have gone through this. How do you begin to trust?
    Anonymous

• yes...there are certain things i absolutely cannot remember as a kid...and even thought i know it happened because i am there i find myself not being very sure because it's only bits and pieces of memory.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:30 PM on Nov. 10, 2008