What do you do with old toys?

I have so many , I was storing them in the basement , now I want to take them somewhere , However i have noticed Good will at times seems a little expensive, I would rather them go where they are needed

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 8:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• I give mine to a local church thrift shop because they are so much cheaper then Goodwill.
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 8:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Give them to the Salvation Army or if they are just gently used maybe the United Way can do something with them. Toys For Tots, find Army 0r special services stations and see if they can be shipped to needy families.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Donate them to a shelter for abused women. Often times these women who are given a safe place to live, have little ones living at the shelter with them. I donate all kinds of things to the shelters in my city; furniture, clothing, household goods etc. I have to call & make arrangements for someone to pick my donations up, because they wont disclose the whereabouts of the shelter, but trust me, they appreciate any & all gently used donations.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 8:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• i send mine to sally ann or wait till spring and have yard sale
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I just donated a bunch to Goodwill!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• depends on their condition. If I can donate em, I will, otherwise I have to toss em, or the house literally looks like a pig pen. My kids are pack rats and won't part with things or admit they don't play with things anymore, so I have to sorta "sneak" em out of the house when they are at school. 95% of the time they never notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Most of the time I would pass them on to needy kids, my children as children took very good care of their toys, some of those toys I have put away to give to my grandchildren yet to come.

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• I donated a bunch of board games to the women's shelter. Since so many of them come in with kids they can use toys too. If you have a homeless shelter in your area that would be a good place too.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:01 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• 1) If you can use extra money have a yard sale.
    2) Consignment shop (ex.once upon a child)
    3) Check with co-workers/w kids and give them the toys (no charge)
    4) Donate to school or orpanage
    5) ..and my last resort Goodwill

1happyeverafter

Answer by 1happyeverafter at 9:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2010

• Those that are still in really good shape I try to sell on Ebay or garage sale in the summer, but others I just take to the Salvation Army or those that have missing pieces, but still work type stuff I give to a local women's shelter. Those kids often leave all their stuff behind and greatly appreciate anything to play with. I also take most the kids clothes there too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2010